Are Women ‘Ready for Hillary’?
With the 2014 election just passing and the presidential election approaching it is important for women of all ages to take their rights into account when making a decision on the future president of our country.
With Hillary Clinton running for president in 2016 and her potentially being the first woman president, it is also important to know where she stands on hot button issues. Hillary has been focused on her stance in regards to women rights, and plans to make them a priority if she is elected into office, which is a major change from the basis of her last campaign. In regards to women here are some of Hillary’s points that she has made in regards to Women’s Rights:
- She believes in addressing women in the work place and “the glass ceiling” that effects them
- She believes in addressing better educational opportunities for women so that they can have the building blocks for successful careers
- She believes that men and women need to actively work together towards equality and change
- She believes that issues of paid leave and childcare need to be addressed
- She believes that in this day and age men shouldn’t still be getting paid more money for doing the same work that women are doing.
- She has worked towards keeping birth control and other options for women available to them
- She has worked on campaigns to prevent teen pregnancy, and wishes to continue to raise education levels and reduce teen pregnancy rates
- She spoke out against the Supreme Court’s ruling allowing some companies to deny women insurance coverage for birth control
Based on some of these key points, do you think that the U.S. is ‘Read for Hillary’? If you are interested in getting involved go to: https://www.readyforhillary.com/home and learn more about her campaign and how you can get involved. Be active in your decision for president, and make the most informed decision you can as a women in 2016.
– Submission by Taylor and Liz, MSWC Volunteer Bloggers –
Information acquired from: